5318. Meat Loaf - I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51jikkzfPYL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Welcome to the Neighborhood; Year: 1995; Genre: Hard Rock
It's been quite a sad last couple of days after artist/performer extraordinaire Meat Loaf passed away; less that a year since the passing of his long-time collaborator Jim Steinman; I cannot believe that he was 74, I thought he was younger for some reason. He was one I listened to a fair bit back in my teens; I did not really know about him or heard his music prior to the early 1990s as he really was not on the radio and my parents were not into his music at the time, or so it would seem. I started to really get into his music about the time that my siblings and myself were discovering and buying our own personal music collections. For that decade it seemed Meat Loaf was everywhere and then I kind of lost track of him, but always have had a definite fondness for what I knew of his work, both musically and acting wise.
Anyway, I knew I had to choose one of his songs today, and this is definitely one I remember quite well and love hearing; it shows his trademark style immensely.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Grand Funk Railroad - We're An American Band

My song pick 4 years ago today: Argent - It's Only Money (Parts 1 + 2)

My song pick 5 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Woncha Take Me for a While

My song pick 6 years ago today: Bass Extremes - Bassically Yours

My song pick 7 years ago today: Bonnie Tyler - It's a Jungle Out There

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Cult - Fire Woman

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Beatles - Free as a Bird

My song pick 10 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Julie Don't Live Here

My song pick 11 years ago today: Fire Bomber (Humming Bird) - My Soul For You

My song pick 12 years ago today: Hawkwind - D-Rider

My song pick 13 years ago today: Duran Duran - Rio

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In