5310. Boyz II Men - Motownphilly

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61ELylB+sxL.jpg
From: Cooleyhighharmony; Year: 1991; Genre: Soul/Funk/New Jack Swing
Dang, this is definitely a blast from the past for me in particular; it has a distinct connection to the time it was released, but has aged quite well nevertheless. That was one thing I remember about Boyz II Men is how in their music you could hear so many different influences and musical schools of thought throughout all of their music. Motownphilly is another one of those tracks to utilize that new jack swing style that was everywhere back then, but this one is definitely an iconic song amongst the many of the genre; heck, even to this day this song will pop into my head from out of nowhere.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Klaatu - Little Neutrino

My song pick 4 years ago today: Pallas - Win or Lose

My song pick 5 years ago today: AC/DC - Rock 'N' Roll Damnation

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - One Way Out

My song pick 7 years ago today: Dream Theater - The Ministry of Lost Souls

My song pick 8 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Give it Time

My song pick 9 years ago today: Jethro Tull - The Waking Edge

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Scorpions - The Good Die Young

My song pick 11 years ago today: Megadeth - Elysian Fields

My song pick 12 years ago today: Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) feat. Freddy Taylor - Nagasaki

My song pick 13 years ago today: Miles Davis - Flamenco Sketches

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In