5297. Louis Armstrong - I Can't Afford To Miss This Dream

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71IogBSLsSL._SS500_.jpg
From: Satchmo Serenades; Year: 1952; Genre: Swing Jazz/Big Band Jazz
Happy New Year to all and anyone who happens to visit my Song a Day blog!
I had Louis Armstrong come to mind today whilst thinking about the song to start my new year off, and what a great track and performer to start it with. This is one of my favourites from this record and features Satchmo's horn playing and distinct vocals that all enjoy so much.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: The Zombies - This Will Be Our Year

My song pick 4 years ago today: The Eagles - Funky New Year

My song pick 5 years ago today: Steely Dan - Midnight Cruiser

My song pick 6 years ago today: James Brown - Get Up Offa That Thing/Release the Pressure

My song pick 7 years ago today: Primus with the Fungi Ensemble - Pure Imagination

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Moody Blues - The Day Begins/Morning Glory

My song pick 9 years ago today: Rush - Here Again

My song pick 10 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Last Man at the Party

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dan Fogelberg - Same Old Lang Syne

My song pick 12 years ago today: ABBA - Happy New Year

My song pick 13 years ago today: U2 - New Year's Day

My song pick 14 years ago today: Kiss - Shout It Out Loud
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In