3649. Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Hey You

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61DaucNHvFL._SX522_.jpg
From: Four Wheel Drive; Year: 1975; Genre: Hard Rock
Wanted to pick a BTO song today; I was surprised when I discovered that Hey You had not been picked yet. From what I understand this was an answer to the trash talk Randy Bachman's former bandmate from The Guess Who, Burton Cummings, who said he'd never make it again in the music industry after he quit the band, but he and BTO definitely did.
I absolutely love the mix this song had in the studio; all the instruments are perfectly clear. In particular, C.F. Turner's growling bass comes through perfectly.

Hear Hey You on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Powderfinger

My song pick two years ago today: Jesus Jones - Right Here, Right Now

My song pick three years ago today: Wings - Silly Love Songs

My song pick four years ago today: Aphrodite's Child - End of the World

My song pick five years ago today: Triumph - I Can Survive

My song pick six years ago today: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside

My song pick seven years ago today: Cruachan - The Gael

My song pick eight years ago today: Jim Croce - Alabama Rain

My song pick nine years ago today: Derek and the Dominos (Eric Clapton) - Bell Bottom Blues


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn