5273. Tennessee Ernie Ford - Shot-Gun Boogie

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71DnlsaiGkL._SS500_.jpg
From: Ol' Rockin' Ern; Year: 1957; Genre: Rockabilly
Here's yet another artist that I like that has not graced my blog until now; don't know why, but it just happened as such. I always have loved Tennessee Ernie Ford's lower-registered vocals; he could certainly belt it out beautifully. Anyway, I remember first hearing this song through my Grandpa, who was a wizard on stringed instruments, would play and sing this song to the family. I really like this rockabilly version of the song, especially the vocals and the steel guitar, which was performed by the legendary "Speedy" West.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Alphaville - Sounds Like a Melody

My song pick 4 years ago today: The Spencer Davis Group - Keep On Running

My song pick 5 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Searchin' for Celine

My song pick 6 years ago today: Queen - Thank God It's Christmas

My song pick 7 years ago today: Faster Pussycat - House of Pain

My song pick 8 years ago today: Dire Straits - Skateaway

My song pick 9 years ago today: Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Bloomdido

My song pick 10 years ago today: Molly Hatchet - One Man's Pleasure

My song pick 11 years ago today: Hawkwind - High Rise

My song pick 12 years ago today: Joachim Witt - Bataillon 'd Amour

My song pick 13 years ago today: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Ohio

My song pick 14 years ago today: Donovan - Sunshine Superman
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn