5677. Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/412J8HRRSlL.jpg
From: Break Out; Year: 1983; Genre: Electronic Pop/R&B
The other day, (on New Years Eve actually), Pointer Sister, Anita Pointer passed away after a battle with cancer. As I usually do when an artist that I like passes, I am choosing one of their songs.
Back in the 1980s it seemed like the Pointer Sisters' music was everywhere, especially after the release of this album. Break Out might as well be a greatest hits album with the sheer amount of smash hit songs that still gets play across all mediums. That's also not counting the rest of their work, which spans over 30 years and work with other artists as well. Anyway, I remember hearing this one a lot throughout the '80s and to this day; it is a favourite of mine from the band.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Aldo Nova - Under the Gun

My song pick 5 years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Red Rain

My song pick 6 years ago today: Foreigner - Break it Up

My song pick 7 years ago today: Supertramp - Goodbye Stranger

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Chakachas - Stories

My song pick 9 years ago today: Savatage - Scream Murder

My song pick 10 years ago today: Sweet - Fox on the Run

My song pick 11 years ago today: Van der Graaf Generator - Whatever Would Robert Have Said?

My song pick 12 years ago today: Steve Vai - Kill the Guy with the Ball/The God Eaters

My song pick 13 years ago today: Banchee - John Doe

My song pick 14 years ago today: Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone

My song pick 15 years ago today: Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In