5685. Wilson Pickett - Stagger Lee

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51qDDDeqSQL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: I'm In Love; Year: 1968; Genre: Soul/R&B/Funk
For a bit now I've been wanting to revisit more from the legend Wilson Pickett, and I'm finally getting around to it.
Stagger Lee is quite an old folk song dating from the turn of the 19th to 20th Centuries concerning the real-life tale of a man name Lee Shelton who murdered another man named William "Billy" Lyons during a confrontation in the year 1895, was incarcerated for said murder and died in prison in 1912. This was actually quite a normal thing to write a song or ballad about happenings and events such as this; even make up "legends" around them.
Anyway, as always, Wilson Pickett not only does the song justice, but really pushes the potential of it with his amazing vocal delivery.; plus the music is amazing throughout the piece and make it quite a unique rendition of the often recorded song.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: The Cure - Lovesong

My song pick 5 years ago today: Steeleye Span - The Lofty Tall Ship/Shallow Brown

My song pick 6 years ago today: Powerwolf - Sanctus Dominus

My song pick 7 years ago today: Simple Minds - Alive and Kicking

My song pick 8 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Love Story

My song pick 9 years ago today: Primus - My Name is Mud

My song pick 10 years ago today: Styx - Mr. Roboto

My song pick 11 years ago today: Carmen - High Time

My song pick 12 years ago today: Stahlhammer - Strom Der Zeit

My song pick 13 years ago today: Ally Kerr - The Sore Feet Song

My song pick 14 years ago today: Johnny Cash - Solitary Man

My song pick 15 years ago today: Two-Mix - White Reflection
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In