5691. Neil Diamond - Dry Your Eyes

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/515qY3eNmkL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Beautiful Noise; Year: 1976; Genre: Rock
Since here in the U.S., (and from what I can tell, a few other nations too), we're celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day I thought I'd pick another song about the historical civil rights icon, activist, and minister whose birthday marks the event.
Apparently, Neil Diamond and Robbie Robertson wrote this rather majestic piece in remembrance of the assassination of King and the way the masses of his acolytes and like-minded individuals felt after the tragedy occurred.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Journey - Remember Me

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Cranberries - Linger

My song pick 6 years ago today: Sammy Hagar - There's Only One Way to Rock

My song pick 7 years ago today: Midnight Oil - Forgotten Years

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Nashville Allstars - Opus de Funk

My song pick 9 years ago today: Rush - Freeze (Part IV of 'Fear')

My song pick 10 years ago today: Chris Isaak - Wicked Game

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dion - Abraham, Martin and John

My song pick 12 years ago today: Joachim Witt - Wem Gehört Das Sternenlicht

My song pick 13 years ago today: Cab Calloway & The Harlemaniacs - The Reefer Man

My song pick 14 years ago today: Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In