2075 Paul Simon - Hobo's Blues

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41x7-tqlHoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Paul Simon; Year: 1972; Genre: Jazz/Folk
Last night I was up until the wee hours of the morning playing along with Paul Simon's music. This morning I thought it would be nice to also pick one of his songs as well.
This rather short tune is apparently the only song on the album to not be solely written by Paul Simon; it was co-written by legendary violinist extraordinaire Stéphane Grappelli, who also plays on it. It's very reminiscent to the Gypsy Jazz music Stéphane Grappelli played with Django Reinhardt, only Paul Simon makes no attempt to play guitar as Mr. Reinhardt did.
Being that I am an avid fan of both of these musicians, I absolutely love this track, but my only wish is that was lengthier.

Hear Hobo's Blues on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

My song pick two years ago today: Kristoph Klover - Fire in the Sky

My song pick three years ago today: David Bowie - The Supermen

My song pick four years ago today: The Rolling Stones - 2000 Light Years From Home
 
My song pick five years ago today: Garbage - Push It


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade