5545. King Crimson - The Sheltering Sky

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71rbcAku7xL._SX522_.jpg
From: Discipline; Year: 1981; Genre: Progressive Rock
Whilst I absolutely love its predecessors Red and Starless and Bible Black, which are my two favourites from King Crimson, I have to say that Discipline was kind of a "breath of fresh air" so to speak in my subjective opinion, with all new musical ideas and sounds as well as differing approaches to said music. The addition of both Andrew Belew and Tony Levin and their musical influences made it sound very unique and new.
The Sheltering Sky is an ethereal piece that relies a lot on the rhythm and music underneath, which makes an excellent base for the synth effect-driven guitar lead and other rhythm above. It's definitely a piece you can get lost in that demands the listener's attention.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Two Suns In the Sunset

My song pick 4 years ago today: Marillion - Lavender

My song pick 5 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Spy in the House of the Night

My song pick 6 years ago today: Chicago - Saturday in the Park

My song pick 7 years ago today: Buffalo Springfield - Expecting to Fly

My song pick 8 years ago today: Faith No More - We Care a Lot

My song pick 9 years ago today: Nena - Rette Mich

My song pick 10 years ago today: Rush - New World Man

My song pick 11 years ago today: Ten Years After - One of These Days

My song pick 12 years ago today: Fairport Convention - Polly on the Shore

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Guess Who - No Time
 
My song pick 14 years ago today: Jerry Reed - Lord, Mr. Ford
 
My song pick 15 years ago today: Nena - Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In