1758 Asia - The Heat Goes On

From: Alpha; Year: 1983; Genre: Rock
I felt like listening to something from Asia this morning; I have to admit that I've never listened to their '83 release Alpha, so I thought I would go ahead and give it a listen. After a couple of go arounds this was one of the songs that really caught my attention and thought I would make it today's pick.
While this is a pretty good album that I definitely will pick up at some time in the future, it is a bit odd to hear alumni from progressive rock bands such as: Yes, King Crimson, and Emerson Lake & Palmer to name a few create an album with this much mainstream pop sound contained within, with that being said, really there is nothing wrong with mainstream pop and the album and song contain a lot of excellent music from this cast of great musicians.

Hear The Heat Goes On on YouTube.
Watch a live performance from Budoukan circa '83 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Dream Theater - In the Presence of Enemies Parts I and II

My song pick two years ago today: Hiroko Moriguchi - Samurai Heart

My song pick three years ago today: England Dan & John Ford Coley - Simone

My song pick four years ago today: Rush - The Way the Wind Blows

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn