2045 Bud Tutmarc - Hilo March

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61f82jQsmcL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: To You, Sweetheart, Aloha; Year: 2010?; Genre: Hawaiian Music
I've been meaning to pick something from Hawaiian steel guitarist extraordinaire Bud Tutmarc for a while now, and with every day that winter continues to hold on Hawaiian music such as what he played becomes sweeter to listen to. Anyway, this is a tune that I've been meaning to learn on the steel guitar, which is also one of the more difficult, but fun nevertheless.
There is an interesting bit of musical trivia concerning Bud Tutmarc: his father, Paul Tutmarc, who was also an accomplished musician, created what is thought to be the first electric bass guitar

Hear Hilo March on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Soundgarden - No Wrong No Right

My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Wond'ring Aloud

My song pick three years ago today: Joe Walsh (The Eagles) - In The City

My song pick four years ago today: Pearls Before Swine - (Oh Dear) Miss Morse

My song pick five years ago today: Lou Reed - Walk on the Wildside


Comments

  1. Sorta like Hawaiian bluegrass. Not bad!

    A former co-worker has retrieved an old blog export file from my old work computer, from around March of '09. So I now have roughly my first year and a half of articles. Hey, it's better than nothing.

    But boy did I screw the pooch on that. I should have been doing those exports once a month at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you were at least able to get a bit of your blog back! Does this mean you're thinking about blogging again? That would be cool; with both you and Woordenaar doing Song-a-Day blogs it would be like old times again. All we'd need is for Arthur to start up his blog again.

      Anyway, yeah, I gotten into the habit of backing up my blog on a weekly basis; with all of the time I've put into it I'd hate to lose it at this point.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade