2381 Lobo - Running Deer

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YqROKz55L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Of a Simple Man; Year: 1972; Genre: Rock/Folk Rock
For most of the morning I've had this song on my mind, so, as I usually do, I'm taking it as a sign to make it my pick today.
Of a Simple Man is another album that I grew up listening to; often both of my parents would not only play it, but play it without skipping a track, which gave me exposure to the full album rather than only the hit singles. I suppose that "album oriented music" was one of the zeitgeists of 1970s music; the album was intentionally made to be played in its entirety.
Anyway, this was one of the 'deeper cuts' and I've always loved the arrangements and the imagery of a man from a reservation having to leave and brave a big city by himself.

Hear Running Dear on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rush - Wish Them Well

My song pick two years ago today: The Beatles - In My Life

My song pick three years ago today: Fairport Convention - She Moves Through the Fair

My song pick four years ago today: Uriah Heep - Gypsy

My song pick five years ago today: T-Rex - Bang a Gong (Get it On)

My song pick six years ago today: Savatage - Devastation


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)