3076. Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

From: Moanin' the Blues; Year: 1952 (1949); Genre: Country/Blues
I had this rather mournful and pretty song from the legend that was Hank Williams Sr for most of the morning and figured I should pick it. Hank Williams' vocals and their honest delivery are without a doubt the best part of this song, but that steel by the great Jerry Byrd is right up there with it.

Hear I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry on YouTube.


My song pick one year ago today: Pat Benatar - Hell is for Children

My song pick two years ago today: The Headhunters feat. The Pointer Sisters - God Make Me Funky

My song pick three years ago today: Yes - Beyond & Before

My song pick four years ago today: Billy Joel - The Downeaster 'Alexa'

My song pick five years ago today: Oasis - Cast No Shadow

My song pick six years ago today: Nightwish - Wanderlust

My song pick seven years ago today: Dizzy Gillespie - Salt Peanuts

My song pick eight years ago today: Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)