3224. Bootsy's Rubber Band - Vanish In Our Sleep

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81QqP2waHWL._SX522_.jpg
From: Stretchin' Out In Bootsy's Rubber Band; Year: 1976; Genre: Funk/Soul
Whilst this counts as my 141st consecutive Funky Friday pick, it's the first one in my new house and I wanted a perfect song for the occasion. Who better than the incomparable Bootsy Collins and his band for the pick, right?
Anyway, this soulful and powerful funk track is the closing track to the band's first album; it's a perfect "cooldown" for such a fun thumping and bumping album.

Hear Vanish In Our Sleep on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: The Who - Another Tricky Day

My song pick two years ago today: Rush - Beneath, Between & Behind

My song pick three years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Last of a Dyin' Breed

My song pick four years ago today: Rush - Subdivisions

My song pick five years ago today: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - K. 525, Serenade No. 13 for Strings in G major "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"

My song pick six years ago today: Foreigner - Starrider

My song pick seven years ago today: The Who - The Real Me

My song pick eight years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn