3234. Grateful Dead - Dark Star

From: Dark Star/Born Crosseyed (single); Year: 1968; Genre: Psychedelic Rock
Happy Memorial Day! As normal I'm keeping up with my tradition of picking a song from The 'Dead for the occasion.
This is a really early single from the band and definitely a treat for anyone who likes hearing their very young and raw sound.

Hear Dark Star on YouTube.
Hear an extended live "jam" version on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Rock it

My song pick two years ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - In the Stone

My song pick three years ago today: America - You Can Do Magic

My song pick four years ago today: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - K. 1a - Andante in C

My song pick five years ago today: The Grateful Dead - Help is on the Way/Slipknot!

My song pick six years ago today: Louis Armstrong - Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen

My song pick seven years ago today: R.E.O. Speedwagon - Take It On The Run

My song pick eight years ago today: The Grass Roots - Temptation Eyes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn