3496. Jethro Tull - Lights Out

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71Bi%2BIErxkL._SX522_.jpg
From: Nightcap; Year: 1993 (1981); Genre: Progressive Rock
Had the Nightcap album on my mind today and this buried gem off from the early 1980s Broadsword recording session just seemed to fit my mood for this pick the best. What really has me is the music on this one that's a mix between blues rock, 70's prog rock, and new wave; Martin Barre really shines on the guitar on this one. I still to this day do not know why some of these songs were not released properly; some are a lot better that the material they did release on albums.

Hear Lights Out on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Throw-N-Down the Funk

My song pick two years ago today: Foreigner - At War With the World

My song pick three years ago today: King Crimson - Pictures of a City (including "42nd at Treadmill")

My song pick four years ago today: Neil Young - Four Strong Winds

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - Jump Start

My song pick six years ago today: Chet Atkins - Trambone

My song pick seven years ago today: John Denver - Wildflowers in a Mason Jar

My song pick eight years ago today: Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath

My song pick nine years ago today: Rammstein - Spieluhr


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn