3491. Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41mcMGCZDQL.jpg
From: Greatest Hits, Etc.; Year: 1977; Genre: Folk Rock/Soft Rock
Got myself in the mood for something from Paul Simon; since this is one of my favourite songs from Paul Simon's solo work I'm surprised it took this long to pick it.
Slip Slidin' Away, whilst being rather mellow, the polyphonic arrangement is something to behold if you listen to everything going on. The Oak Ridge Boys providing the backing vocals really helped to make that wall of sound so perfect, especially in the bass end of the vocals.

Hear Slip Slidin' Away on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Kiss - Strutter

My song pick two years ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Purple Haze

My song pick three years ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - Fan the Fire

My song pick four years ago today: Queensrÿche - At The Edge

My song pick five years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Rock Is My Life, and This Is My Song

My song pick six years ago today: Genesis - Watcher of the Skies

My song pick seven years ago today: Jim Croce - These Dreams

My song pick eight years ago today: Alice Cooper - No More Mr. Nice Guy

My song pick nine years ago today: Savatage - Tonight He Grins Again


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn