3352. Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - When Time Stood Still

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51EkAOpJXlL.jpg
From: Time: Year: 1981; Genre: Progressive Rock/Symphonic Rock/New Wave
Yesterday when listening to some music I had this song come on; I immediately knew this was today's pick. Whilst it absolutely fits the theme of the Time rock opera it was sadly left out of the final record until the remaster. However it was released as a B-Side to the biggest hit from the album: Hold On Tight. This is one that in my opinion fuses a lot of the best aspects of ELO/Jeff Lynne's music; there's definitely a lot of Beatles influence in this one as well as the electronic-symphonic goodness that they're known for.

Hear When Time Stood Still on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Soundgarden - Loud Love

My song pick two years ago today: Joachim Witt - Das Jüngste Gericht

My song pick three years ago today: Carmen - The Gypsies

My song pick four years ago today: Rosanne Cash - Seven Year Ache

My song pick five years ago today: R.E.M. - The One I Love

My song pick six years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone

My song pick seven years ago today: The Beatles - Help!

My song pick eight years ago today: Santana - Black Magic Woman

My song pick nine years ago today: Bon Jovi - Tokyo Road

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade