5468. Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues

From: Summertime Blues (single); Year: 1958; Genre: Rock 'n Roll/Rockabilly
It's hard to believe that I have been at this for about 15 years now and have not chosen the original version of this historic piece of music from the last century. It's sad to think that such an influential and important person in music was cut down so young, but did so much in the short time we on Earth had him; it seems like a common theme in the world of music....
Anyway, it's June 21st and thus it being the first day of astronomical summer in the northern hemisphere, so, I really needed to pick an apropos song for the occasion. What better track to go with than Eddie Cochran's classic song about being young in the season: Summertime Blues? Whilst it has seemingly been covered countless times in the years since, nothing will truly beat the original.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: The Beach Boys - Your Summer Dream

My song pick 4 years ago today: Blue Cheer - Rock Me Baby

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Byrds - So You Want to be a Rock 'n' Roll Star

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Chi-Lites - Stoned Out of My Mind

My song pick 7 years ago today: Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence

My song pick 8 years ago today: Yes - Madrigal

My song pick 9 years ago today: Rammstein - Vergiss Uns Nicht

My song pick 10 years ago today: Nocturnal Rites - End of our Rope

My song pick 11 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Velvet Green

My song pick 12 years ago today: Rammstein - Das Alte Leid

My song pick 13 years ago today: Savatage - The Piper Rap

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Take The Money And Run
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn