5473/74. Bobby Freeman - C'mon and Swim (Parts 1 + 2)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51L8sKwd4mL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: C'mon and Swim; Year: 1965; Genre: Soul/Funk/Rock 'n Roll
This was Bobby Freeman's second chart-topping hit, which was actually co-written by one Sylvester Steward, aka Sly Stone later of Sly and the Family Stone, who also apparently played the keyboards on the recording.
Anyway, this song might be categorized as "one of those '60s songs that goes with some dance," but with the funky playing and well-written music along with Bobby Freeman's incredible vocal delivery makes it so much more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Carmen - Conclusion (She Changed)

My song pick 4 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Bare Trees

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Offspring - Days Go By

My song pick 6 years ago today: Geddy Lee - My Favourite Headache

My song pick 7 years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - Family Affair

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Guess Who - Rain Dance

My song pick 9 years ago today: Primus - The Devil Went Down to Georgia

My song pick 10 years ago today: Soundgarden - Rusty Cage

My song pick 11 years ago today: Lou Reed - I'm So Free

My song pick 12 years ago today: Traffic - The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys

My song pick 13 years ago today: Hawkwind - Silver Machine

My song pick 14 years ago today: Savatage - Complaint In The System
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn