5448. Eddie Rabbitt - 747

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/5182nrruu7L._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Horizon; Year: 1980; Genre: Rockabilly/Rock/Country/Pop
Eddie Rabbitt's Horizon record, the first three songs on it in particular, really brings back some memories for me. I remember my Dad playing this album a lot for my sisters and I, who would I guess you could call it "dancing" to it. We seemed to set the phonograph needle on the first song and let it play through the third track. I believe those three were: I Love a Rainy Night, 747, and Driving My Like Away; the rest of the songs I do not remember that well if at all.
Anyway, 747 is a perfect example of the country/rock crossover scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s; it really shows that conjunction off in the rockabilly style.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Al Di Meola - Passion, Grace & Fire

My song pick 4 years ago today: Weezer - Africa

My song pick 5 years ago today: Red Rider - Human Race

My song pick 6 years ago today: Lighthouse - One Fine Morning

My song pick 7 years ago today: Gerry Rafferty - The Ark

My song pick 8 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - After Dark

My song pick 9 years ago today: Triumph - Allied Forces

My song pick 10 years ago today: Asia - The Heat Goes On

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dream Theater - In the Presence of Enemies Parts I and II

My song pick 12 years ago today: Hiroko Moriguchi - Samurai Heart

My song pick 13 years ago today: England Dan & John Ford Coley - Simone

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rush - The Way the Wind Blows
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn