6230. The Kinks - Death of a Clown

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71oLEYXGi4S._SX522_.jpg
From: Something Else by the Kinks; Year: 1967; Genre: Rock/Pop
As I have stated prior, The Kinks are probably my personal favourite of the British Invasion bands, but it's mostly their more heartfelt composition that I find most appealing, like this one. Death of a Clown is one of Dave Davies' songs with a few writing contributions from his brother Ray, that definitely fits into that heartfelt category concerning the exhausting rigors that goes with being on the road performing day in and day out. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Rock 'n' Roll Is King

My song pick 6 years ago today: Return to Forever - Beyond the Seventh Galaxy

My song pick 7 years ago today: Al Di Meola - July

My song pick 8 years ago today: Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Palisades Park

My song pick 9 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Warm Sporran

My song pick 10 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Sole Survivor

My song pick 11 years ago today: Mastodon - Divinations

My song pick 12 year ago today: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - K.626 - Requiem Mass in D Minor

My song pick 13 years ago today: Banchee - The Night is Calling

My song pick 14 years ago today: Band of Horses - Cigarettes, Wedding Bands

My song pick 15 years ago today: Bread - Guitar Man

My song pick 16 years ago today: America - A Horse With No Name
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship

6136. Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool