6231. Paul Revere & The Raiders - Steppin' Out

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51DxTmkm19L.jpg
From: Just Like Us!; Year: 1966; Genre: Rock/Blues Rock
I believe this is the only non-cover song from this record, or at least the only song written by members of the band. I really like the way it goes from a bluesy rock piece with a defined walking bass line in the verses and then the speed massively increases and into different styles throughout and then back to the bluesy verses.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Smokey Robinson and The Miracles - Tracks Of My Tears

My song pick 6 years ago today: Blancmange - Living on the Ceiling

My song pick 7 years ago today: Dick Dale and his Del Tones - The Wedge

My song pick 8 years ago today: Gin Blossoms - Found Out About You

My song pick 9 years ago today: Shelia Skipworth - Look What You Done to Me

My song pick 10 years ago today: Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

My song pick 11 years ago today: Alice in Chains - Angry Chair

My song pick 12 years ago today: Alestorm - Shipwrecked

My song pick 13 years ago today: Steeleye Span - Dark-Eyed Sailor

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Police - The King of Pain

My song pick 15 years ago today: Chet Atkins - Yakety Axe

My song pick 16 years ago today: Benjamin Britten - War Requiem
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship

6136. Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool