6238. Buster Poindexter - Hot Hot Hot

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/411SRG1SW4L.jpg
From: Buster Poindexter; Year: 1987; Genre: Calypso/Pop
Been under a heat advisory for almost a week now, and it's only about to get ever hotter; well above 100f/40c. Through this hot and dry spell, I have had this cover of the song originally from Arrow by the alter-ego of New York Dolls' singer David Johansen: Buster Poindexter on the brain a bit. Hot Hot Hot is one of those songs that kind of exemplifies the 1980s popular culture. Whilst quite dated as a result, that Calypso and Samba sound makes it one that can be played at most higher energy events no matter the clientele.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Angie

My song pick 6 years ago today: Wolfmother - Victorious

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Beach Boys - Sloop John B

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Mercury Blues

My song pick 9 years ago today: Head Hunters - Chameleon

My song pick 10 years ago today: Yes - Siberian Khatru

My song pick 11 years ago today: Maddy Prior - Mother and Child

My song pick 12 years ago today: Ludwig Van Beethoven - Op.13 - Piano Sonata No.8 "Pathétique"

My song pick 13 years ago today: Chet Atkins - Tears

My song pick 14 years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

My song pick 15 years ago today: Fairport Convention - Tam Lin

My song pick 16 years ago today: Cream - Tales of Brave Ulysses
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship