6252. Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Susie Q

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81AG7PiVVpL._SX522_.jpg
From: Creedence Clearwater Revival; Year: 1968; Genre: Blues Rock/Blues
Been a very busy last couple of days, so I'm just going to get into today's song choice.
Whilst being a cover song, it was, (as far as I am aware), the only top 40 single from the band that was not written by a member of CCR, despite being over 8 minutes in length. Very much the definition of blues rock through the first half or so, which actually fades out on side one of the LP and fades back in on the first track of side two, it has that excellent sound that the band would be known for in subsequent albums. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: What Made Milwaukee Famous - Trying to Never Catch Up

My song pick 6 years ago today: Van der Graaf Generator - Pilgrims

My song pick 7 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?

My song pick 8 years ago today: .38 Special - Caught Up In You

My song pick 9 years ago today: Funkadelic - I Bet You

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - ...And the gods Made Love

My song pick 11 years ago today: Boz Scaggs - Can I Make It Last (Or Will It Just Be Over)

My song pick 12 years ago today: Supertramp - It's Raining Again

My song pick 13 years ago today: King Crimson - Sleepless

My song pick 14 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 703 - Fughetta: Gottes-Sohn ist Kommen

My song pick 15 years ago today: What Made Milwaukee Famous - Sultan

My song pick 16 years ago today: Arlo - Runaround
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship