6253. Taco - Singin' in the Rain

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/314SCTT53VL.jpg
From: After Eight; Year: 1982; Genre: New Wave/Synthpop
Been really enjoying this record again after putting it into more rotation whilst listening to music; it is very unfortunate that he is relegated to the "one hit wonder" status here in the 'States. He was and still is quite a talent with an incredible voice; I would hazard to say operatic.
Anyway, this is the second single from his international hit record After Eight, while it is massively overshadowed by Puttin' on the Ritz, it's definitely of high calibur. It was originally written back in 1929 and has been recorded and used in theatre countless times since, but I really like Taco's re-imagining by melding the core traditional swinging style with the contemporary synthpop of the time/
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Howlin' Wolf - Forty-Four

My song pick 6 years ago today: Arlo - Stab the Unstoppable Hero

My song pick 7 years ago today: Wild Turkey - One Sole Survivor

My song pick 8 years ago today: Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Who - We're Not Gonna Take It/See Me Feel Me

My song pick 10 years ago today: Chet Atkins - Funky Junk

My song pick 11 years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Overdrive

My song pick 12 years ago today: The Doors - Light My Fire

My song pick 13 years ago today: Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Grace

My song pick 15 years ago today: John Denver - Season Suite: Summer

My song pick 16 years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - The Window
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship