6258. Black Sabbath - Killing Yourself to Live

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/817nBVOHZrL._SX522_.jpg
From: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath; Year: 1973; Genre: Metal
This one is simply something to behold, especially if you like heavy, technical music. By this point in their career you can tell the band had really solidified to full mastery of all the aspects of their art. That jazzy rhythm combined with Tony Iommi's blistering guitar playing and, of course, Ozzy's vocals just affirms that the Black Sabbath was at one of their peaks during this time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

My song pick 6 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Don't Let the Blues Get You Down

My song pick 7 years ago today: Commodores - Easy

My song pick 8 years ago today: Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

My song pick 9 years ago today: Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - Eat That Question

My song pick 10 years ago today: Nocturnal Rites - Ring of Steel

My song pick 11 years ago today: The Moody Blues - The Sunset/Twilight Time

My song pick 12 years ago today: Hawkwind - Damnation Alley

My song pick 13 years ago today: Chet Atkins - I Wish I Knew

My song pick 14 years ago today: Sergei Prokofiev - Op. 67 - Peter and the Wolf

My song pick 15 years ago today: Lalo Schifrin - Scorpio's Theme

My song pick 16 years ago today: Rush - Dreamline 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship