1498 The Steve Miller Band - Macho City

1498 The Steve Miller Band - Macho City
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51-OqVTWGhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Circle of Love, Year: 1981
Genre: Rock/Funk/Other

For some reason I was thinking about this rather weird track last night; I haven't listened to it in over 15 years now. I remember when I first bought my copy of the Circle of Love record being amused by the entire second side being taken up by this rather odd composition. I had actually known about it prior to purchasing the album, (it was a bit of an infamous track among fans of The Steve Miller Band), and was actually looking forward to hearing it.
Except for the first three minutes or so where Steve Miller raps/talk sings this track is mostly a funky groove instrumental with either guitar/keyboard playing over it or odd noises and sound effects.

Hear the 16 and 1/2 minute studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Bad English - When I See You Smile

My song pick two years ago today: The Beatles - Love Me Do

My song pick three years ago today: Mr. Big - Green-Tinted Sixties Mind

My song pick four years ago today: ABBA - Our Last Summer

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)