1716 Xerath - Unite to Defy

From: II; Year: 2011; Genre: Progressive Metal/Symphonic Metal
Since about a week ago, when I went ahead and made individual lists for each letter in my alphabetically sorted archive, I noticed that I hadn't picked a band that started with the letter "X." Ever since I've had the letter "X" seemingly staring back at me due to me not having a file made for that letter; well, I figured I'd take care of that today.
It actually didn't take me too long to think of a band that would become my first X pick. I discovered this progressive/symphonic metal band a while ago through hearing a cover they recorded of Rush's YYZ; (It can be heard here on YouTube. (Not Safe for Work.) While I liked their debut album, I, their follow up, II, was even better; this is one of my favourites off of that album.
I guess you could say I now have an "X" file!

Hear Unite to Defy on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: John Fogerty - Centerfield

My song pick two years ago today: The Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come Today

My song pick three years ago today: John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Road

My song pick four years ago today: Nirvana - Lithium

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn