2048 Porcupine Tree - Mother & Child Divided

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51R0QLy5igL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Deadwing (Special Bonus Track); Year: 2005; Genre: Progressive Rock
Strangely enough, yesterday while I was attempting to get to my blog on my wife's computer by internet searching for it I happened upon an archive of some of the more recent posts from Max's old song a day blog that went silent a little over a year ago today, which was made by YouTube of all sites. You can find it here! I find it very odd that I ran across it after Max just discussing with me about getting a hold of a copy of his blog from a few years ago.
Anyway, this is a kick-arse song that he picked a little over a year ago on his blog and also one that he happened to mention a bit ago in comments in a post a few months back.

Hear Mother & Child Divided on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Space Age

My song pick two years ago today: Bass Extremes - Mocha Soca

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Fly By Night

My song pick four years ago today: Jon Hendricks - I'll Bet You Thought I'd Never Find You

My song pick five years ago today: Tom Petty - Free Fallin'

Comments

  1. I was a bit taken aback when I first saw that archive on YouTube. Too bad each entry only contains a bit of preview text, with a link to the original post - which no longer exists. Still, for the smaller entries, the whole article is contained there, so maybe it's something I could tap from if I start blogging again.

    But I sure do love this track. If only it was on the album proper and I didn't have to get the expensive DVD-A version to have it. I downloaded an MP3 once but it sounded like ass, it was probably a bad vinyl rip. But at least I have the live Arriving Somewhere version, which sounds great in its own right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked a bit as well. I thought it was strange that I discovered it by accident just days after we talked about you getting that older blog file from an old co-worker.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn