2054 The Delgados - Mr. Blue Sky

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ocQiW0bUL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: The Complete BBC Peel Sessions; Year: 2006; Genre: Indie Rock
The other day my wife happened to wake me up playing this rather excellent cover of this ELO classic, of course this was before I was having to work a 10 hour shift. After that I had trouble getting back to sleep, so suffice it to say I was quite exhausted and as a bonus I had the song running through my mind all of the day, which was fine; it's a very good song and I absolutely love Emma Pollock's vocals.

Hear The Delgados cover of Mr. Blue Sky on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Muse - Citizen Erased

My song pick two years ago today: The Darkness - Is It Just Me

My song pick three years ago today: Blind Willie Johnson - Dark Was The Night, Cold Was The Ground

My song pick four years ago today: Devo - Come Back Jonee

My song pick five years ago today: Weather Report - A Remark You Made


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade