From: Love Stories & Other Musings ; Year; 2012; Genre: Alternative Rock/Pop Rock Though I wouldn't describe this summer as "sweet," (more like dry, hot and smoky, at least here), we are now fully into what is known by the idiom: "Dog Days of Summer." The etymology actually was referring to the star Sirius , which is the brightest star as view from Earth and the fact that it rises with the sun and thus returns to the night sky during this time of year is the connection. Being that it is catalogued as the alpha star in the constellation Canis Majoris, (the big dog), it is also known as the "Dog Star." Anyway, I digress, just felt like picking something from Candlebox today, no other reason. And this track off of their 2012 album Love Stories & Other Musings just felt like a good fit. Hear Sweet Summertime on YouTube. My song pick 1 year ago today: Cameo - Better Days My song pick 2 years ago today: Bootsy Collins - Th...
What a coincidence, I listened yesterday to this song for the first time. I am reading Necromancer by Gordon R. Dickson and thought there was another novel by the title, looking that up on wikipedia I discovered there was a Rush song. I believe Caress Of Steel is the only Rush album I never listened to.
ReplyDelete"Caress of Steel" is not a popular album, even among Rush fans, but it is far from a bad record in my opinion, just not their best. It definitely has a certain charm about it; I listen to it every now and then.
Delete