3127. Ian Anderson - What-Ifs, Maybes And Might-Have-Beens

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81QZaiHV9rL._SX522_.jpg
From: Thick as a Brick 2; Year: 2012; Genre: Progressive Rock/Hard Rock
I had this album on my mind this morning and it felt like an excellent day for something off of it anyway.
This is the final song from the concept album, which of course means that it's more or less the reprise that contains musical aspects like themes and melodies as well as revisiting the stories/subject matter.
Because of that this song runs the gambit and has it all; light acoustic all the way to hard rock and everything in between with the complexity turned way up.
What is really interesting for me is that there are parts that would not be out of place in the early to late 70s, early 80s and on. It's a very neat piece indeed.

Hear What-Ifs, Maybes And Might-Have-Beens on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water

My song pick two years ago today: Rare Earth - Under God's Light

My song pick three years ago today: Foreigner - Double Vision

My song pick four years ago today: Porcupine Tree - Dark Matter

My song pick five years ago today: Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs

My song pick six years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil

My song pick seven years ago today: The Moody Blues - OM

My song pick eight years ago today: Jon Oliva's Pain - Guardian Of Forever


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn