3134. Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Mr. Radio

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XRKtwJAFL.jpg
From: Electric Light Orchestra/No Answer; Year: 1971; Genre: Symphonic Rock/Progressive Rock
I had some one their music play whilst out and about last night and they're still on my mind, so, as I always do, my choice for today is one of their songs.
Mr. Radio is an interesting track especially in the way Jeff Lynne and company melded their still emerging symphonic art rock with Beatlesque rock with "old timey" Hit Parade sounds. Excellent offering from their debut album, which was already very well polished.

Hear Mr. Radio on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Genesis - Harlequin

My song pick two years ago today: Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

My song pick three years ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Fat

My song pick four years ago today: Kreeps - Bad Voodoo

My song pick five years ago today: David Bowie - Up the Hill Backwards

My song pick six years ago today: Fairport Convention - Who Knows Where The Time Goes

My song pick seven years ago today: Savatage - Sleep

My song pick eight years ago today: The Beatles - Across The Universe


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn