3116. Earth, Wind & Fire - Sing a Song

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512GfiRLX1L.jpg
From: Gratitude; Year: 1975; Genre: Funk/R&B/Soul
It is a somber Funky Friday today. Yesterday I learned that Earth, Wind & Fire founder Maurice White passed away after a long battle with Parkinson's Disease. It took me a bit to think of a good song for the occasion, and this upbeat and happy track just seemed perfect; their music always puts a smile on my face and spring in my step, Sing a Song is no different.

Hear Sing a Song on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Steeleye Span - Ancient Eyes

My song pick two years ago today: Banchee - Childern of the Universe

My song pick three years ago today: Muse - Unnatural Selection

My song pick four years ago today: The Drifters - Under the Boardwalk

My song pick five years ago today: Yoko Takahashi - Zankoku na Tenshi no These (A Cruel Angel's Thesis)

My song pick six years ago today: Aphrodite's Child - Hic et Nunc

My song pick seven years ago today: Elton John - All The Girls Love Alice

My song pick eight years ago today: Rush - The Body Electric


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade