3203. The Outfield - Your Love

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519NVDFab1L.jpg
From: Play Deep; Year: 1985; Genre: Rock/Pop
While working yesterday I happened to hear this song come on the radio; realizing that it was yet another one from a band that I hadn't picked yet I knew I had to. Now that I think about it I should really do a theme week with artists I have not picked from yet; just have to make sure and keep my streak of Funky Fridays going too.
Anyway, I'm getting off track... back to the song I'm choosing today. It's one of those songs that is very much associated with the 1980s, but also has a lot of continued play and popularity since. I've always liked Your Love; it's a nice mellow track with excellent music. Although, one thing that I can never shake when hearing it is that it's very, very similar to Rick Springfield's Jessie's Girl in the arrangement and a lot of the music, especially in the bridge section; I don't know, it may be me, but it sounds extremely similar.

Hear Your Love on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Jefferson Starship - Jane

My song pick two years ago today: Deep Purple - My Woman From Tokyo

My song pick three years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin' Man

My song pick four years ago today: Van der Graaf Generator - Pioneers Over c.

My song pick five years ago today: Al Di Meola - Race With Devil on Spanish Highway

My song pick six years ago today: Falco - Titanic

My song pick seven years ago today: The Guess Who - Undun

My song pick eight years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - The Ballad of Curtis Loew


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn