3174. Azteca - A New Day on the Rise

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEifEjxZ2C2VJtYf_qP-m72DYgluZFVRXxc87xqPDesCLTCwsXjYAKLIm_AaHQy5YyCnWVgzvXmCwaHXTVUis939xuOno_C3e3gupSg8OUkXCYu7hpScYg_RbYEHj1vZ90ZyPB4nNtCNxMw/s200/227271.jpg
From: Pyramid of the Moon; Year: 1973; Genre: Latin Rock/Funk/Jazz Fusion
Another Funky Friday pick upon me today. I felt like picking some funk with some Latin flair; Azteca is always one that fits that bill for me and then some. The unique musicality of this band and song has always been a main draw; so many different sounds and shadings combining to make such a great, remarkable sound.

Hear A New Day on the Rise on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Evil Woman

My song pick two years ago today: The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays the Fool

My song pick three years ago today: Bee Gees - I Started a Joke

My song pick four years ago today: Nocturnal Rites - Fools Never Die

My song pick five years ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Can You Handle It?

My song pick six years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Fool in the Rain

My song pick seven years ago today: Styx - Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)

My song pick eight years ago today: The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade