5890. The Steve Miller Band - Sacrifice

From: Book of Dreams; Year: 1977; Genre: Blues Rock
Have not consciously heard this track for wot seems like a great span of time, but while working yesterday it just happened to pop into my mind; y'all know what that means....
This is a unique track in that Les Dudek and Curly Cooke wrote and played on the studio version; it also appears to be one with a different ensemble on the other instruments as well. Anyway, it fits in extremely well with the other songs on the record, which makes this one of the defining "Album Oriented Rock" records out there.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Hair

My song pick 5 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Magna of Illusion

My song pick 6 years ago today: Ex Deo - Divide et Impera

My song pick 7 years ago today: Napoleon XIV - They're Coming to Take Me Away Ha-Haaa!

My song pick 8 years ago today: Hawkwind - Magnu

My song pick 9 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Rockaria!

My song pick 10 years ago today: Nirvana - Something in the Way

My song pick 11 years ago today: Till Lindemann and Richard Kruspe (Rammstein) - Schtiel

My song pick 12 years ago today: Queensrÿche - Revolution Calling

My song pick 13 years ago today: Puhdys - Große Herzen

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rush - Digital Man

My song pick 15 years ago today: Balance - Breaking Away
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In