5896. Bob Welch - I'll Dance Alone

From: Eye Contact; Year: 1983; Genre: New Wave/Rock
Felt like hearing some of Bob Welch's solo material this morning; something from his album that marked his early retirement, which lasted about a decade and a half. It is kind of odd, but very interesting to hear him venture so far into the world of synth being that he was such a classic rock mainstay making his mark in other bands with instantly recognizable hits throughout his career.
Anyway, I'll Dance Alone is, as stated, more in the direction of new wave, which was a quite popular mainstream form at the time, so mayhap he was trying to reinvent himself or it could be just the direction he felt pulled in at the time. Whatever the case, it's a fun song to have on whilst going about your day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Paul Simon - 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover

My song pick 5 years ago today: Michael Martin Murphey - Wildfire

My song pick 6 years ago today: Alestorm - No Grave But The Sea

My song pick 7 years ago today: Antoine Busnois - Gaude Coelestis Domina

My song pick 8 years ago today: Al Di Meola - Love Theme from "Pictures of the Sea"

My song pick 9 years ago today: Bad Medicine - Trespasser

My song pick 10 years ago today: Styx - Man in the Wilderness

My song pick 11 years ago today: Curved Air - Vivaldi

My song pick 12 years ago today: Megadeth - Endgame

My song pick 13 years ago today: Sirenia - The Other Side

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Spiral

My song pick 15 years ago today: Outerstar - You Love It When It Rains
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In