5917. Pendragon - The Last Man on Earth

From: The Window of Life; Year: 1993; Genre: Progressive Rock
Pendragon is one of those bands which I like that is somewhat difficult to find their music online, but it is there if you look hard enough. This is still one of my favourite records of theirs, which must have been kind of seen as an anomaly back in the early 1990s being that it was one of those points where big, epic productions were not as popular. However, it was probably par for the course with them being one of the handful of wot is known as "Neo-Progressive Rock"; essentially the second wave of the form of music that thrived during the late '70s into the '80s when popular opinion amongst critics were not favourable towards all things progressive.
Anyway, The Last Man on Earth is indeed the most "epic" song on the album thematically, musically, and sheer length. This one is all over the place musically; Pendragon really opened up their entire toolshed of musical tools on this track and put them to exquisite use.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Melvins - Heavyness of the Load

My song pick 5 years ago today: A-ha - Manhattan Skyline

My song pick 6 years ago today: Uriah Heep - Bird of Prey

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Who - The Quiet One

My song pick 8 years ago today: UPC All Stars - Don't Get Discouraged

My song pick 9 years ago today: Stahlhammer - Messerschmied

My song pick 10 years ago today: Chet Atkins and Merle Travis - I'll See You In My Dreams

My song pick 11 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - O.D.'d on Life Itself

My song pick 12 years ago today: Hawkwind - We Took the Wrong Step Years Ago

My song pick 13 years ago today: Oomph! - Das Weiße Licht

My song pick 14 years ago today: Trio of Doom - Dark Prince

My song pick 15 years ago today: Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In