5513. U2 - One

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61GBGmI2+8L.jpg
From: Achtung Baby; Year: 1991; Genre: Alternative Rock
I find it quite peculiar how, it would seem, that most people I've come into contact with one way or another have chronological "dividing lines" for the great U2 music and the not-so-great U2 music. Now, I'm sure that there are many fans out there that like all eras of the band's music, and/or prefer their more recent material. For me personally, Achtung Baby is really the last record from the band that I truly enjoy without a doubt. Sure, it's not as good as The Joshua Tree album, but there are a lot of excellent, memorable songs on this one.
This song: One, is one of those songs you should immediately recognize and should invoke some memories along with it. The aspects that I like the most about it is the overall tone/chord progression of the guitar as well as the mellow, unobtrusive keyboards throughout parts of the song.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Hair

My song pick 4 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Magna of Illusion

My song pick 5 years ago today: Ex Deo - Divide et Impera

My song pick 6 years ago today: Napoleon XIV - They're Coming to Take Me Away Ha-Haaa!

My song pick 7 years ago today: Hawkwind - Magnu

My song pick 8 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Rockaria!

My song pick 9 years ago today: Nirvana - Something in the Way

My song pick 10 years ago today: Till Lindemann and Richard Kruspe (Rammstein) - Schtiel

My song pick 11 years ago today: Queensrÿche - Revolution Calling

My song pick 12 years ago today: Puhdys - Große Herzen

My song pick 13 years ago today: Rush - Digital Man

My song pick 14 years ago today: Balance - Breaking Away
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn