5913. Brick - Dusic

From: Brick; Year: 1977; Genre: Funk/Disco/Soul
Happened to be reminded of the band today and thought a song from them would be perfect for this Friday. Very much in the style of pop/soul/disco bands who were emerging into a new sound in the late '70s, this one kind of reminds me a bit of a jazzier sounding Earth, Wind and Fire of the same time period. Overall it's got an infectious beat with a bumping bass line that is sure to get you out on the floor with some great brass and woodwinds as well as some synth filling it out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man

My song pick 5 years ago today: Midnight Oil - Put Down That Weapon

My song pick 6 years ago today: Dayton Sidewinders - Funky Chicken Stew

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Kinks - Tired of Waiting for You

My song pick 8 years ago today: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California

My song pick 9 years ago today: Porcupine Tree - Don't Hate Me

My song pick 10 years ago today: Jacques Offenbach - La belle Hélène (Overture)

My song pick 11 years ago today: Brave Belt - Another Way Out

My song pick 12 years ago today: 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite

My song pick 13 years ago today: Joachim Witt - Krieger Des Licht

My song pick 14 years ago today: Jimi Hendrix - Angel

My song pick 15 years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Sunset Road
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In