5898. The Band - The Weight

From: Music from Big Pink; Year: 1968; Genre: Folk Rock/Country Rock
Yesterday I found out that legendary composer/musician Robbie Robertson passed away at 80 years of age. There's a lot to say about his artistic careers: songwriter, guitarist and other instruments with a number of bands, most noted The Band and backing Bob Dylan on a number of records and songs amongst many others as session musician, not to mention his role as producer on a bunch or albums. From the late 70s onward he has written soundtracks from a multitude of film up until this year even, so suffice it to say, even if you don't listen to The Band, Bob Dylan etc, you have definitely heard his music at some point.
Anyway, this is one of The Band's biggest hits that seems to float in and out of pop culture regularly; most likely within the first few seconds of it playing it should ring a bell.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 4 years ago today: Matthews' Southern Comfort - Tell Me Why

My song pick 5 years ago today: Sam & Dave - Hold On, I'm Coming

My song pick 6 years ago today: Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman

My song pick 7 years ago today: Meat Loaf - Life is a Lemon (and I Want My Money Back)

My song pick 8 years ago today: Martin Barre - I Raise My Glass To You

My song pick 9 years ago today: ABBA - Knowing Me, Knowing You

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Kooks - She Moves In Her Own Way

My song pick 11 years ago today: Hector Berlioz - Op. 14 - Symphonie Fantastique: Épisode de la vie d'un Artiste... en cinq parties

My song pick 12 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Dun Ringill

My song pick 13 years ago today: Ian Anderson - Fly By Night

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Supremes - I Hear a Symphony

My song pick 15 years ago today: Rammstein - Mutter
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In