5536. Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Just For You

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51bh7bhLtVL._SY498_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
From: Freeways; Year: 1977; Genre: Hard Rock
I hadn't heard this song in quite some time, (over 20 some-odd years I guess), and it was a welcomed sound even though it's not even close to the bands mediocre material in my opinion. As with the rest of the Freeways album, with the exception of two or three songs, you could tell it was a half-hearted effort and a rushed job without much polish. That being said, those "diamonds-in-the-rough" so to speak, are pretty good and are worth skipping around the disc for to hear them every now and then. It's kind of sad though, all of the record, (definitely this track included), has the hallmarks that made BTO's sound so good, but again you can hear the lack of effort in almost every facet and stage of production.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man

My song pick 4 years ago today: Midnight Oil - Put Down That Weapon

My song pick 5 years ago today: Dayton Sidewinders - Funky Chicken Stew

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Kinks - Tired of Waiting for You

My song pick 7 years ago today: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California

My song pick 8 years ago today: Porcupine Tree - Don't Hate Me

My song pick 9 years ago today: Jacques Offenbach - La belle Hélène (Overture)

My song pick 10 years ago today: Brave Belt - Another Way Out

My song pick 11 years ago today: 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite

My song pick 12 years ago today: Joachim Witt - Krieger Des Licht

My song pick 13 years ago today: Jimi Hendrix - Angel

My song pick 14 years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Sunset Road
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn