6266. The Moody Blues - My Song

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51ykevPE6xL.jpg
From: Every Good Boy Deserves Favour; Year: 1971; Genre: Progressive Rock/Symphonic Rock
Pulled my vinyl records out of the case last night, towards the end I came upon my collection of classic Moody Blues records. There is just something you cannot quite quantify about the feeling of actually holding the sleeve and disc in your hand. Even though I have not played them in a long time, I am glad I still have them.
Anyway, this album in particular I had to stop and look it over and peruse the gatefold as well as peer in at the vinyl. The cover art of this one for some reason has always caught my attention in physical form; it was done quite well.
This song, or rather My Song is the final track on side two and is a perennial that I like to hear. This is one written and sung by the late-great Mike Pinder, who apparently wanted his vocal to sound "spacey," so they actually placed a box on his head and thinned out the sound to make it sound like a communication from orbit, of at least a facsimile thereof.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Billy Squier - Lonely Is The Night

My song pick 6 years ago today: Hawkwind - The Secret Agent

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Motels - Suddenly Last Summer

My song pick 8 years ago today: Faith No More - Last Cup of Sorrow

My song pick 9 years ago today: Stanley Clarke - The Dancer

My song pick 10 years ago today: Bread - Down on my Knees

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dream Theater - Learning to Live

My song pick 12 years ago today: Franz Schubert - D 911, Op. 89 - Die Winterreise

My song pick 13 years ago today: Bon Jovi - Runaway

My song pick 14 years ago today: Missing Link - Spoiled Love

My song pick 15 years ago today: Grace Slick - Angel of the Night

My song pick 16 years ago today: Don Williams - Yellow Moon
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship