6283. Buck Owens and His Buckaroos - I've Got a Tiger By the Tail

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/91zccWv4QSL._SX522_.jpg
From: I've Got a Tiger By the Tail; Year: 1965; Genre: Country/Rockabilly
For some reason this one popped into my mind, which is a bit odd because I don't recall hearing Buck Owen's original in a very long time. I have played it live with other musicians though, and it was great fun.
Probably what comes to mind the most concerning this song is a story my Mother told me at one point. Back when she was young and riding in her Dad's, (my Grandpa's), truck and it was one of the tunes he just sung whilst driving a load of logs to a sawmill. She said that halfway through he grinned and jokingly told her, "That song was written about your mother" and they both shared the laugh. My grandparents did have a "passionate" marriage, so this one could easily been written for both of them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Black Sabbath - E5150

My song pick 6 years ago today: Bob Dylan - Lay Lady Lay

My song pick 7 years ago today: ZZ Top - I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide

My song pick 8 years ago today: Spooky Tooth - Better By You, Better By Me

My song pick 9 years ago today: Hawklords (Hawkwind) - (Only) The Dead Dreams of the Cold War Kid

My song pick 10 years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Big Time

My song pick 11 years ago today: A-ha - Take On Me

My song pick 12 years ago today: Return to Forever - Excerpt from the First Movement of Heavy Metal

My song pick 13 years ago today: Homer & Jethro - The Billboard Song

My song pick 14 years ago today: Thursday - I1100

My song pick 15 years ago today: Wings - Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five

My song pick 16 years ago today: Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship