6287. Kansas - Icarus - Born On Wings of Steel

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/91z+P03rwJL._SX522_.jpg
From: Masque; Year: 1975; Genre: Progressive Rock
I just can't help but love this album, it's a lot better than people give it credit for. Sure, it is eclipsed by the next two without a doubt, but it's still a great record.
This is another track written by Kerry Livgren, who authored most of their biggest hits, and is one that does demand your attention, refusing to be "background music." Strange though, even at six minutes in length it just seems like it goes by quickly, very surprisingly. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Melvins - Heavyness of the Load

My song pick 6 years ago today: A-ha - Manhattan Skyline

My song pick 7 years ago today: Uriah Heep - Bird of Prey

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Who - The Quiet One

My song pick 9 years ago today: UPC All Stars - Don't Get Discouraged

My song pick 10 years ago today: Stahlhammer - Messerschmied

My song pick 11 years ago today: Chet Atkins and Merle Travis - I'll See You In My Dreams

My song pick 12 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - O.D.'d on Life Itself

My song pick 13 years ago today: Hawkwind - We Took the Wrong Step Years Ago

My song pick 14 years ago today: Oomph! - Das Weiße Licht

My song pick 15 years ago today: Trio of Doom - Dark Prince

My song pick 16 years ago today: Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship