6272. Ronnie Milsap - Let's Take the Long Way Around the World

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51oxeaa8i8L._UX500_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Only One Love In My Life; Year: 1978; Genre: Country/Rock/Pop
Ronnie Milsap was one whose music I was very well introduced to early on and one I still appreciate a lot. Most of the songs on this album in particular I remember quite well, so I wouldn't be surprised if my Mom and Dad had it, but this track is probably my personal favourite.
Wot I have always really liked about country/western music trough the '70s and early '80s in particular is how it had a crossover appeal with other forms of popular music as well as being the last era without that hideous and annoying, exaggerated vocal "twang" that, since the late '80s on has inundated the genre worse than autotune has permeated pop music for over two decades now. How do I miss when new country and western music vocalists could just sing how they would normally....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Dick Dale and The Del-Tones - Miserlou

My song pick 6 years ago today: Lonnie Mack - Memphis

My song pick 7 years ago today: Midnight Oil - Cemetery In My Mind

My song pick 8 years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - A Time and a Place

My song pick 9 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Fire at Midnight

My song pick 10 years ago today: Wolfmother - Woman

My song pick 11 years ago today: Dick Dale - Banzai Washout

My song pick 12 years ago today: Megadeth - 13

My song pick 13 years ago today: Warrant - Heaven

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Jimi Hendrix Experience - The Wind Cries Mary

My song pick 15 years ago today: Savatage - Damien

My song pick 16 years ago today: Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship