6263. Jethro Tull - A Single Man

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71uK8XMSnyL._SX522_.jpg
From: Stormwatch (40th Anniversary Edition); Year: 1979; Genre: Progressive Rock
This is one of the tracks that was left on the editing room floor so to speak, but was resurrected for the record's 40th Anniversary, which was masterfully mixed by Steve Wilson of Porcupine Tree and finally released. This is an instrument piece that really feels incomplete and/or not all the way thought out, which is usually indicative of songs not added to the final album. If I was to guess it was an interlude to bridge two other pieces or perhaps something that would lead into or out of a grand instrument solo.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Hall & Oates - Perkiomen

My song pick 6 years ago today: Jethro Tull - North Sea Oil

My song pick 7 years ago today: Lakeside - Taboo

My song pick 8 years ago today: The Flying Burrito Brothers - Sweet Desert Childhood

My song pick 9 years ago today: Cream - Sunshine of Your Love

My song pick 10 years ago today: Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

My song pick 11 years ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - Lady Picture Show

My song pick 12 years ago today: Ludwid van Beethoven - Op.125 - Symphony No.9 in D-Minor

My song pick 13 years ago today: Stormwarrior - Heading Northe

My song pick 14 years ago today: Cab Calloway - The Jumpin' Jive (Hep-Hep!)

My song pick 15 years ago today: The Police - Synchronicity II

My song pick 16 years ago today: Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

6189. Dr. John - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive

6218. Dave Edmunds and the Stray Cats - The Race Is On

6188. Jerry Reed - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

6139. Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship - Starship